Christ Church is dedicated to ‘the honour and glory of God and to the dear memory of Charles Frost’, by his widow.
In 1897, Mrs Eleanor Frost laid the foundation stone of Christ Church. The Architects were Douglas & Fordham of Chester, and the builder Thomas Jones of Caernarfon. Eleanor also had built two properties facing the church – a home for herself called Bryn Eglwys, and the Vicarage.
The church was consecrated by the Archbishop of Wales in September 1899, and described by him as ‘The Cathedral of the Hills’.
The material is of local limestone, with dressings of Helsby stone with which also the interior is lined. The stalls and ceiling of the chancel and the seating of the nave is of Dantzic oak, the flooring of the chancel is of encaustic tiles and that of the nave of wood blocks. The reredos is of three bays, with panels of the Annunciation, the nativity and the Adoration of the Magi, under a carved projecting canopy. The organ is by Conacher of Huddersfield.